scorps & T's

8leggedfreak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, so I just divided my g. rosea's 10 gallon aquarium in half and was wondering if I put my emperor scorp in the other half of the tank if it would bother them. The tank is securely divided from top to bottom with no room for either one to get to each other's side. I'm just wondering if they'll be able to sense each other in some way that might drive them both nuts(pherimones or any other such things)? The plastic divider in the tank has lots of little holes for air circulation. Or should I just wait until I get another T and keep the tank for just T's?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Confucious say those who divide tank surely will face disaster.

Confucious

LCDXX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cheese Niblet say that those who divide tanks correctly will have no problems whatsoever.

I don't think putting a scorp in the other half of the tank would be much of a problem, but you may wanna pursue a non-transparent divider or obscure the one you have now (like I do). The simplest method would be to make the Rosie's side have higher substrate than the scorp (Emps tend to be opportunistic burrowers, but if you give him/her a decent hide, it wouldn't necessarily need a deep substrate.

LCDXX (aka "Cheese Niblet")

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Correctly divided is a Must.
Not a single lid.....
Open one side up, opens both = disaster....

I have our emp with Babies on a split ten gallon with our A.seemini on the other side.

No problems at all between anyone.

Makes sure both sides are Indipendantly secure.

And excuse my typos as I am in a half coma and heaidng to bed.

Good luck.

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Okay - I'm looking into seperating a 10 gal tank as well - where do you find a split lid, and/or how did you make one?

I was going to just seperate the sides w/a single lid - but my seemani is a spaz, and I can see it running into the other side if spooked...

Anybody with good directions on how to seperate a 10 gal tank?

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Abstract, to answer your first question, I have seen the split screen lids at Petco in the reptile department where the screen is hinged down the middle so that you can only open one side at a time.

Bry