Scorps new home

mmfh

Arachnobaron
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg So I put my C. sculpturatus in a new home. I know it's basic but I think it'll be happy in it. I'm a tad worried that I made the air holes too large but I'm thinking I read that they can't climb walls. Does that include plastic? The cork board is about an inch away from the holes and the scorp itself with tail is about 2". I can always lower the height of the cork if I have to. The sub is 1C sand and 1/2C dry coco fiber. So here's my pics. The little thing is on the bottom of the cork in the second photo ( not easy to see). The first pic shows its size and space from the air hole.

Last edited:

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Seems fine, although you could probably add more cork board. To me, a little barren ;) Also, if the scorp is 2", then they can boost themselves up the wall with their tail to the air holes. Doesn't look like it would fit through those holes. I would just add more cover, but it looks good. Could fit 2-3 with more cork board as well :D

mmfh

Arachnobaron
Weighted abyss: Ty. I probably will add more, this is my first scorp and to be honest I'm a little nervous around it so I just put one piece in so I know where it is lol. As I get more comfortable with its reactions and temperament I will be able to add more stuff. I didn't think about boosting itself up, ty. The holes were made with a 3/16 drill bit.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Weighted abyss: Ty. I probably will add more, this is my first scorp and to be honest I'm a little nervous around it so I just put one piece in so I know where it is lol. As I get more comfortable with its reactions and temperament I will be able to add more stuff. I didn't think about boosting itself up, ty. The holes were made with a 3/16 drill bit.
Buy a UV flashlight and shine it in there if you want to know where it is. They floresce under UV light.