Scorps & Crickets

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How long do you usually keep the crickets in the enclosure with your scorpion? All the places I have seen, as far as pet stores, seem to always have a few crickets in there at all times.

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For me usually none as I dont normally feed ad lib. Sometimes if the scorp isnt hungry it will kill the criket and leave it, after which I remove it. so, really an average maximum for me would be a couple of days.

Joshua_J

Arachnopeon
I usually keep the crix with the scorpion for 24hrs, if the scorpion did not take it ,I will remove it~

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
All the places I have seen, as far as pet stores, seem to always have a few crickets in there at all times.
Pet stores are the worst place to learn from for the most part. Dont keep a bunch of crickets in with your scorpions. Just put in what they will eat and remove any uneatan ones.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I will leave one floating in a large scorpions enclosure, but in the smaller ones I give them 24 hrs and then they're out.

If you keep each scorp individually I would only offer one at a time.

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
if the cricks are still alive after they've been in the scorpion's enclosure overnight, i remove them the next day.

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The only one of my scorps that doesn't immediately "pounce" on the cricket is my Vaejovis and even then it's gone within a couple hours. :D But to answer your question I'd say 24 hours.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thanks everyone for the replies...i always knew never to trust the pet stores, and that why i came here. i just wanted to make sure..