Scorplings with mites

Jaime Torra

Arachnopeon
Hello. Today I saw a parasitic mite infestion in the two liocheles australasiae lings I have. I've read that predatory mites as H.miles might help but won't end the infestation, and that lowering the humidity and using carbonate sand as substrate is effective, but for this species I'm not sure about lowering the humidity that much. Can someone help me with this? These are my first scorpions. Thank you so much

Attachments

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thats horrible OP, I hope you can get them off

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Remove them from the enclosure and place in an empty cup. See if you can use a paintbrush to scrape some of them off.

Jaime Torra

Arachnopeon
Remove them from the enclosure and place in an empty cup. See if you can use a paintbrush to scrape some of them off.
I have tried and they seem to be too attached. I have also tried to spray water on them but that did nothing as well, sadly :( the poor scorpions are so itchy I don't know what to do

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
I would try predatory mites. As soon as the scorpions molt, rehouse them in a new enclosure with fresh substrate. That’s the best option I can think of.

Fruit flies often have mites, and they aren’t the best food source long term. Pinhead crickets would be better. If you can’t find anything small enough, you can feed prekilled prey items.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I would try predatory mites. As soon as the scorpions molt, rehouse them in a new enclosure with fresh substrate. That’s the best option I can think of.

Fruit flies often have mites, and they aren’t the best food source long term. Pinhead crickets would be better. If you can’t find anything small enough, you can feed prekilled prey items.
Fruit flies are not the best anyway.