Scorpling started moulting in the post - help

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi all,

I recieved a package of scorpions yesterday, one of which was about half way through moulting when I unpacked them. I carefully moved it into a container which is warm and humid and left it. The thing is, today, 24hours on its still in the same position it was when I found it in the tub. Any thoughts on how I can get it to carry on moulting?

Dan

Dudo

Arachnopeon
It may not be a problem.My scorpion was in the same situation-i´ve broken in him,after that was some hours in this position,but now is everything ok and he lives :} .But,it was maybe just lucky moment.One way on another I think he needs high humidity and calm.Do not handle with him.Thats all what can I advise you.

dazbuzz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
one of my small emps molted and died:( it's just bad luck sometimes i guess.

Dudo

Arachnopeon
My scorpling died two days after molt and he seemed health.I had just watch em morning and saw It.I totally didn´t understand.Sometimes is it inexplicable... :?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'll tell what I've done a few times but I can't say I recommend it. I've had one with a stuck chela and a few that seemed to get stuck halfway through molting. I wouldn't try this unless you think it's going to die. Just hate for you to kill it trying this when things would have been OK. I lightly moisten the old exo with rain water, maybe get a little between the old exo and the new exo. I try to avoid the lungs. Then I very very slowly pull on the outside of the old tail exo while holding and very lightly gripping the freshly molted body of the scorpion. I put tension on it and just wait there for the scorpion to do it's own tugging. It worked every time (4) for the scorps I've tried it with. I question whether or not 3 of those 4 even needed me to do that but I just got too worried. The one with the stuck chela needed me to do that for sure. I think it had been stuck for a couple of days. Even now that chela is smaller than the other but it works. Good luck with it.