Scorpioon sling overfeeding

Scorpion Enthus

Arachnopeon
Do scorpion slings or whatever it is called ever get overfed? And whats the pros and cons of it? I hope I got answers . I fed my scorpions slings 1 small roach and 1 meal worm everyday, will it be overfed? Or what?

Renatozzo

Arachnopeon
From my experience scorpions can overfeed and will look fat if they eat too much, I usually feed my juvenile once per week, with slings I'd think you can push it a bit and feed them every 4/5 days. Keep in mind that there has been no records of a scorpion dying from eating too much but it's generally better to give them limited amount of food as it would be in nature, also they have a really slow metabolism and they don't need to eat that much

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Do scorpion slings or whatever it is called ever get overfed? And whats the pros and cons of it? I hope I got answers . I fed my scorpions slings 1 small roach and 1 meal worm everyday, will it be overfed? Or what?
You can not overfeed scorplings it will stop eating once it prepares for premolt. Scorplings like to fatten up prior to molts.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
With scorplings the only downside to fattening them up quickly is that they're more likely to just stop eating and hide underground for longer before they moult. It won't hurt them, you just won't see them for a long time and you'll be freaking out about why your babies have been underground for 2 months straight :rofl:

Scorpion Enthus

Arachnopeon
With scorplings the only downside to fattening them up quickly is that they're more likely to just stop eating and hide underground for longer before they moult. It won't hurt them, you just won't see them for a long time and you'll be freaking out about why your babies have been underground for 2 months straight :rofl:
Oh God thank you for the knowledge

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Slings will molt. But adults do not. A lumbering obese adult is not a good thing. They are opportunistic since in nature their next meal is never guaranteed. They will gorge if given the opportunity.

Last edited:

Scorpion Enthus

Arachnopeon
Slings will molt. But adults do not. A lumbering obese adult is not a good thing. They are opportunist since in nature their next meal is never guaranteed. They will gorge if given the opportunity.
What are the things to do for them not to have bad molts?