Scorpions won't eat

Amr17

Arachnopeon
I have 2 Asian Forest Scorpions that won't eat... they are both very small, 1 is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch, the other a little over an inch. I don't know what age...both aren't eating. The larger one ate a meal worm last week and hasn't eaten since. The smaller one won't eat at all. I am leaving me worms in a dish at this point, is this an acceptable idea? Will they go after when they are hungry? Any ideas why they won't eat and what I can do ??

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Remove the worms do not leave them in there with them. Post pictures of the enclosure and the scorps. They sound young. Could be pre molt

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A week without food even for a 2nd instar isn't anything to worry about. I offer food every 7-14 days. If they don't eat I take the prey item out in a day or so, and try again next week.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I have 2 Asian Forest Scorpions that won't eat... they are both very small, 1 is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch, the other a little over an inch. I don't know what age...both aren't eating. The larger one ate a meal worm last week and hasn't eaten since. The smaller one won't eat at all. I am leaving me worms in a dish at this point, is this an acceptable idea? Will they go after when they are hungry? Any ideas why they won't eat and what I can do ??
Post pictures of the Scorpions and their Enclosure.

Crickets are usually a fool-proof feeder. The only exception would be if they are fasting or approaching a molt. Try Crickets.

Amr17

Arachnopeon
The left bottom is the smaller scorpion. It's kind of hard to scale with photos. The tank has water bowl on the right, hide rock, plastic free, and in was using a water bottle cap for meal worms...

Attachments

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
They need decent humidity, warm temperatures, and several inches of moist substrate to burrow in. You should restrict part of the ventilation on the enclosure in order to maintain the humidity better.

They don't always eat all the time. Especially at their size, it is likely they are gearing up for an upcoming molt. Better pictures of the scorpions themselves could help shed some light on that.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
like everyone else said they can go awhile with out eating. they could be in premolt or simply not hungry. worms are not the best feeder unless tong fed(i occasilnally tong feed superworms) fast moving active feeders (crickets and roaches) will grab there attention. while worms will just sit there or try to burrow. never leave a feeder in longer then 24 hours, theh could cause harm to a molting scorpiln