scorpions with unique traits

lou420

Arachnopeon
hi i wanted to know which scorpion has the longest claws? and the one with the thickest claws?,and which has the longest tail for its body?. colors wize seen some red ones online which are they?.and what scorpions have the most unique colors?or any unique trait like fastest or maybe a jumper that would be cool. i have a bluish green emperor ,cool flat rock ,and desert hairy.all unique in their own way.thats why i want to get scorpion that stand out ...which they all do any way :D
oh and i heard their are some scorpions that are deadly and have thick claws which are they ?thank for the help

Last edited:

tarzan2day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I like the T. Asthenes, because the males have wicked long claws, and I've seen the young ones jump.

Inverts4life

Arachnopeon
I like Hemiscorpius lepturus because of their unique venom. I really wish someone could get some here. They are very cool and deserve so much respect.

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Apistobuthus pterygocercus has a widened metasomal segment that serves an unknown purpose.

Several Parabuthus species can spray venom.

Ookamii

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I liked my striped bark scorpion, thay are very tiny and have pontent venom for there size

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Orhtochirus have the unique sensory pits on their metasomas.

Cheers,
Dave

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A pterygocerus for the exceptionally unique metasomal segment.

Lychas scutilus for the length and narrowness of the metasomal segments, and chela.

Tityus obscurus for length of chela as well.

Androctonus genus simply for those wonderfully thick metasoma and potent venom.

Parabuthus villosus for quite possibly the "hairiest" metasoma and telson.

Parabuthus transvaalicus for its accuracy (I have witnessed a straight squirt-gun like stream before)and a range of over a meter makes them a pretty formidable opponent.

Centruroides bicolor simply because I like the two-tone pale yellow/black coloration, A australis hector is very nice for that reason too!

Opistophthalmus genus for the stridulation, I love a good warning mechanism.

Hadogenes genus because they are one of the most aesthetically unique and underrated scorpions out there.

Uroplectes genus (especially U fischeri) for coloration and design. Gotta love the semi-tri-coloreds.

Hottentotta genus for being some of the most interesting communal scorps.

I'm sure I am missing quite a few but those are just some of my personal favorites.

Chrome69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Hotentottas will wag their lil tails when standing still at eachother like dogs, it`s rather quite interesting to watch.

lou420

Arachnopeon
dude!! cool scorpions loved them all, dang where to begin??love all those long tails,i googled all of them and awsome.pterygocerus,Hemiscorpius lepturus,Chaerilus where really cool

Roy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This might be off-topic if we are just talking about physical characteristics, but let's not forget the unique traits in various scorpion venom that bear applications in medicine:

1) LQ venom contains chlorotoxin that targets cancer cells in the brain specifically, whereas

2) Maurotoxin is derived from Scorpio maurus, being researched currently for applications in treating autoimmune diseases.

I think R. junceus venom is used to cure cancer as well in certain countries, although this method is not reliably documented. I stumbled upon this while I was searching for deals on buying the scorpions themselves.

Scorpions don't just kill, they might have the potential to heal too :)