Scorpions Vs. Tarantulas: which one do you favor and why

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
which one do you guys favor, scorpions or tarantulas. and WHY
I favor tarantulas because scorpians eat much less than a rose hair on a diet and rose hairs dont even eat that much on a regular basis and I love seeing my tarantulas eat... thats why i had to give away my two emperor scorpions..

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I favor tarantulas because scorpians eat much less than a rose hair on a diet and rose hairs dont even eat that much on a regular basis and I love seeing my tarantulas eat... thats why i had to give away my two emperor scorpions..
I got some scorpions that will eat full meal 2 times a week like clockwork.
Anyway i favor scorpions:) But like T's also

btw good idea putin there thread here also, but again your probably gonna find more T lovers in a tarantula section.....inless we rally over the scorpion guys to vote here.:)

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i prefer ts because

1. i really like the way they move - way more sophisticated than any scorp ;)
2. i like to see my pets. so i don't have any obligate burrowers and i don't keep scorps. properly kept scorps just hide too much...
3. optics: ok, those tails and pincers are cool. but i don't like scorp eyes - they look a bit as if decapitated, whereas ts do not. i guess it's the chelicera.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i found my scorpions very good feeders all ways jumping on the locusts very quickly but its the beauty of the tarantulas that i fell in love with and i do not keep scorpions any more %%% phil

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have and always will prefer Ts over any other inverts including scorpions because, for one they get bigger in average. Ts also have alot more colors and color variety. I'm also a big fan of the webbing; I love the way the Ts web and the little designs and homes they make.

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
fav

i would have to say tarantulas.i do not have scorpions.if i had to pick one tarantula it would be Pterinochilus murinus.:worship:

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi!

I would have to say t's 100%.

Tarantula's eat alot more then scorps, they web, molt more often, more active, more color, more variety, just more interesting in general.

Take care!

Alain

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
forgot to list my reasons:

scorps more because of how their built, how they hunt prey/feed, lots eat very well and are very active, easy to care for, dont climb glass, ect

I like T's because of all their amazing color varity

Sevenrats

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Who are YOU? Who do you think YOU ARE??!! Who are YOU to pass judgment on
one spectacular living creature over another.

In their eyes, YOU are just another monkey.

Okitasoshi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

we're not passing "Judgement" we're saying which one we favor.

anywho I like Tarantulas more personally. Scorpions are like "the ultimate defense" inverts, and I've always been an offensive person. Tarantulas seem to stalk and destroy their prey when the time is right, Scorpions sorta just grab and sting.

It's all personal opinion though and I like both.

dangerprone69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have both, but I think tarantulas are more interesting. They're more colorful: scorpions basically come in black and brown with a few shades in between (with exceptions of course).

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

OMG, are you ok???:?no one is judjing anything, just having a discussion, you have nothing better to say?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
OMG I D L T B T S ... darn just watched that cell phone comercial
I like Ts better but , its like asking do i like eating or breathing better...
I only have some C. vattatus and they are wild here too but they are still cool. got tagged a couple times on the middle finger tip yesterday lol sweethearts lol good thing they dont hurt lol
but i like bigger critters so i prefer Ts, however i am gonna get some emps as soon as i find a decent deal on them.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Oh my goodness you're right!! How dare they! Did you wear all your shirts you own today? Or did you pick one of the beautiful colors of the rainbow on your shirt above another! Did you eat a burger the other day?? Who are you to decide the poor cow had to die?

And who are they to lump me in with the monkeys??

Sheesh, you're posts are getting annoying.

@ Topic

I like both, but tarantulas more because they're spiders. And thats always been my fascination.

-Sean

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh my goodness you're right!! How dare they! Did you wear all your shirts you own today? Or did you pick one of the beautiful colors of the rainbow on your shirt above another! Did you eat a burger the other day?? Who are you to decide the poor cow had to die?

And who are they to lump me in with the monkeys??

Sheesh, you're posts are getting annoying.
{D ya, some people are a little bit...different:D

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i have scorpions and tarantulas but I find the latter more interesting due to their behavior (webbing, greater frequency of molts) and appearance (size and markings) :)

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

im still trying to figure out what in the world you are talking about:wall:

Sevenrats

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The point of my previous post is to appreciate the variety of life in this world. How can you "prefer" one animal over another? Every species is adapted to it's environment and more so to it's niche in that environment.

It's like saying "I prefer chimps over humans over orangutans."

Scorpions are what they are. Tarantulas are what they are. It is not a contest.