Scorpions Vs Tarantulas: Which do you favor and why!

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok so i made this to see peoples opinions on these 2 creatures, which one is better, and why, give some good reasons and back up your choice:D

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hmm . . . my fiancee is a big tarantula person, but I'm leaning more towards scorpions. I like how tarantulas come out and instantly tackle their prey when they're hungry (as opposed to most of my scorpions being pet holes), but I really love how primeval my scorps look when they're out of the burrow -- just this cool ancient-looking creature skittering across the ground, looking like it's ready to take on anything.

Plus, that whole fluorescence thing is awesome. :D

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im a scorpion lover at heart but i like T's alot to..just not as much as scorps:)

to be brief:

I like how scorps act, how there built/look ect.

I like all the different colors of Tarantulas.

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I favor scorpions. Tarantulas are pretty ugly and hairy, they freak me out, not only that but scorpions have a way better look to it and have a cool color under a blacklight. i dont own a tarantula, but when i see it in stores it already freaks me out. i would rather have a scorpion escape from the tank than a tarantula.
Scorpions all the way;P

Aillith

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Vote#1 scorpions.

I'm too afraid of spiders to ever keep one. Just looking at pics gives me the shivers.

Scorps are awsome. I love watching the way they burrow or sting their prey.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i favour scorps over T's simply because I think they look nicer and are easier to deal with. No worrying about them climbing up the wall of the tank and what not...

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I enjoy studying animals in the wild and we dont have any T's anywhere near where I live...otherwise I would study them. Regardless I still have 8 in captivity. Scorpions though...plentiful and I study them in detail, both in the wild and in captivity.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
70/30

I like them bolth.. but i like scorps better because like someone said earlyer, there like an ancient creature... and i like how they have a tail/stinger, and pichners, it really gives them a unique look that nothing else has. And many of the things you see them do is really unique like how they mate and eat.. it really sets them apart from everything else in the world.

To me, T's are really just a big hairy spider, nothing speical about them cept for the fact that they are big and hairy. but they are still really cool IMO, i just like scorps a tad bit more.

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
T's all the way ;P

10-12" T. blondi vs. 5-6" P. imperator
Poecilotheria vs. Tityus

T's get bigger, have way more colors, and can climb a vertical glass surface.

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it is a tough choice, i like watching tarantulas eat because they are so adept at catching and killing compared to scorpions that just sorta blunder into thier food.

that being said i think scorpions look like little warriors, everything about them invokes martial prowress, they are covered from head to toe in armor and wield many impressive looking weapons.

also i like how scorpions stand thier ground when you do maintinence ect where as tarantulas usually retreat.

my forest scorpions always face you with raised claws until you leave.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you realize you posted this in a scorpion section, so naturally you will get more scorp lovers. Post it in Tarantula section and naturally you will get more T lovers....

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have to vote for tarantulas. I only have one emp and a tailless whip scorpion. Someday I might get a olive knee and a vinagaroon but other than that I don't have much interest. I'm mainly into T's and snakes.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i like em both(Ts, SCORPS) ive got both they both are interesting in their own ways,i really don't favor one over the other. I LUV EM BOTH just my 2 cents:)

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Scorps of course. They all just have an armor look into them. And they range in style like nice cars. You have your luxury Hummer. P.imps. And your smooth sports car.L.quint. And everything in between. Altough I gotta admit there are some boring species. I really get bored with my Hadogenes paucidens is pretty boring and I never see it leave it's hide. EVER. Then again the one T I do own is A.avi. and it never leaves it's little corner. I only seen it eat when it was a juvenile.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
it is a tough choice, i like watching tarantulas eat because they are so adept at catching and killing compared to scorpions that just sorta blunder into thier food.

that being said i think scorpions look like little warriors, everything about them invokes martial prowress, they are covered from head to toe in armor and wield many impressive looking weapons.

also i like how scorpions stand thier ground when you do maintinence ect where as tarantulas usually retreat.

my forest scorpions always face you with raised claws until you leave.
hmmm never cleand an OBT tank huh

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I started with scorps and got into them very quickly, handling, researching etc i enjoyed um so much i desided to get a T, not just any T a blondi :confused: of course i did my research beforehand! But nothing could prepare me for the speed in which this thing would travel, only after an hour of buying it the bugger nearly escaped. (nearly ended my relationship at the time i can ashore u) I just couldnt get near it, changing the waterbowl was a massive job, maybe its just coz i was a little freaked out?
I moved and sold it to a friend, for this reason i think scorps make better pets and would never get rid of them!!!