Scorpions not eating...

AngelBkLf

Arachnopeon
So a 3 months ago i bought my first scorpion (H.longimanus). The following week i fed him a meal worm but then the next week he didint want to eat and i didint think much of it because i know that scorpions some times refuse to eat for a few months at a time. After about 2 weeks i decided to order some online and because i was buying them online i bought 3 instead of just 1 (2 x H. spinifers and 1 x H. troglodytes), when i got them i put them in the same setup as my first scorpion. After a week i tried feeding them but all 4 refused.
It has been about 2 months now and none of them havent eaten anything and i know that they can go 12 months without food but i find it strange that all 4 of them are refusing to eat...
I have them in plastic boxes with holes drilled on the sides for ventilation ,with a mix of soil and coco pete for substrate and they all have a hide and water dish (they do drink often) and i keep them at about 27 C .
let me know what you guys think

Attachments

AngelBkLf

Arachnopeon
i dont know exactly how old they are but 2 of them are like 8 centimeters long one is about 5 or 6 and the biggest one is about 10

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
sometimes increasing the heat/humidity in the enclosure will get their metabolism up and you might get a better feeding response from them. The flat rock scorpion can go for months without eating, they are very slow growing, they can live up to 30 years. These species are sit and wait predators so if you see a pair of pincers poking out of the burrow/from between rock crevice hide, then you'll know they're hungry.