Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Scorpions in oregon? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by prang11, Mar 1, 2005.

1. thumpersalley

thumpersalley Roach Lovers Mom Old Timer

Advertisement
    I went scorp hunting today!

I went to the base of Marys Peak outside of Philomath today & saw 6 scorps & caught 3. Very fun! I would be happy to show anyone whos interested. Im going to go again soon just to watch them. Kim

2. going to the northern part of the oregon coast this weekend.Just want to collect some scorps and a rubber boa.does any one know any good locations?

3. thumpersalley

Too early for getting scorpions right now, someone correct me if Im wrong? Wait until June to August. Kim

4. drapion

drapion Arachnobaron Old Timer

You can go hunting right now. I have found U.mordax as early as March. Good luck!

5. thumpersalley

You live where its warmer right now, here in the valley, nights can still get down to freezing but temps are generally 40-50. Kim

6. thumpersalley

Where is the furthest north the boreus can be found at? My husband & I are thinking of going to watch scorpions at the end of August & take a weekend for ourselves but dont want to go to Redmond. Are there any closer either east or south? Near what towns? Kim

7. bugs

bugs Arachnopeon

check this scorpion out, i live in Rhododendron Oregon

which is west of mt hood. this was inside my house, on the stairs.

8. thumpersalley

Can you post a pic? Kim

9. Used to catch brown wood scorpions near Dallas Oregon when I was in my teens, under old logs or rocks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.