Scorpions in Bond flick

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just saw the Bond flick, there were some scorpions during the music intro. THey mentioned Bond was stung by a few. Im guessing they are Heterometrus sp. since he was in North Korea.
Anyone have a better guess

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Could be a lot of species....M.martensii should be present there and they could be a bit nasty...at least compared to Heterometrus...though N.Korea is by no means a tropical climate and Heterometrus is a tropical/jungle species...I wouldn't expect them to be in N.Korea.

John
];')

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
True. then again its a movie they could have been prop Emperors/

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think all the scorps in that movie were computer generated.

mark

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah maybe computer generated, but modelled after somethign dont you think?

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Probabaly computer generated emperor scorpions. To me, when people think of scorpions they would think of a black scorpion - the emperor. But i saw it 2 days ago and they were definately computer generated, at least the ones crawling on and around him directly, some may have been real.

Mark

najig21

Arachnopeon
I happen to be a major movie fan, who also loves all arachnids, and wants to be a director. That's all kind of beside the point. I have looked for the different species of arachids in movies. I can't say that I've seen CGI arachnids before, but I do know that the only arachnids I've ever seen in movies are Pandinus imperator, Grammostola rosea, and Brachypelma smithi. The colors are just so convenient for the directors. For example, emperor scorpions look pretty menacing because they're large and black, with huge claws, and the telson can be a very dramatic red sometimes. Anywho, just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I saw the movie also, i thought they were emperor scorpion. In the movie they were supposed to be deadly

Jeri

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
najig21 said:
...but I do know that the only arachnids I've ever seen in movies are Pandinus imperator, Grammostola rosea, and Brachypelma smithi. The colors are just so convenient for the directors. For example, emperor scorpions look pretty menacing because they're large and black, with huge claws, and the telson can be a very dramatic red sometimes.
I have also seen T. blondi in several films.

Jeri

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
the scorps in that bond fil look very much like Heterometrus, but i cant believe u actually thought they were real!!!!!!!!!
they are extremely poorly made by computer graphics or w/e

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
George Carnell said:
the scorps in that bond fil look very much like Heterometrus, but i cant believe u actually thought they were real!!!!!!!!!
they are extremely poorly made by computer graphics or w/e
Yes, most of them were computer generated. However when the torture lady held on up to his face I believe they used a real scorpion and probally a few others were also real, but they were too cheap to make them all real so they computer generated a few.

It's still an alright movie though.