Scorpions every where!

Arachnonick1

Arachnopeon
Yesterday I found 5 Paruroctonus Silvestrii in about on hour of searching under mossy logs. The funny thing is that I have lived in Palm Springs for about four years and only have caught about 2 scorpions in all that time! Now Im going to school at UC Davis the local creeks and wood piles seem to be teaming with scorpions, centipedes, millipedes, ringneck snake, frogs, and salamanders. Only wish I had more time to go exploring and searching for such critters! But does any one have any explaination for such a high population density?

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
spring is coming around the bend, so you'll start seeing more life popping up everywhere, coming out of hibernation, etc....I found some V. spinigerus yesterday when I went out shooting, 2 weeks ago they could not be found...

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
haha, I forgot to mention I found some S. donensis yesterday as well....pretty stoked about that...

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Have you seen any Vinegaroons yet. My daughter lives in Morongo Valley and works in the Palm Spring, Palm desert area. They are electricians and have been seeing lots of critters inside of the construction they've been working on. I've been trying to get her to collect some "bugs" for me. They've been finding centipedes in there house.

Sharon

Arachno Kid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice :)

it will be at peak hunting time soon for you I bet, boy will that be fun down there XD. just like down here when I caught 3 scorps and two J crickits. THAT WAS FUN CAN I GO LOOK SOME MORE MOM! her answer was go back to bed lol.

Ps. I will have alot of P.boreus coming soon quiz ;) my females are gravid

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha, I forgot to mention I found some S. donensis yesterday as well....pretty stoked about that...
At first I got the picture of S mesaensis in my head but when I looked it up donensis is an awesome find for that area!!!! Don't forget I need more spinnis soon!!

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
At first I got the picture of S mesaensis in my head but when I looked it up donensis is an awesome find for that area!!!! Don't forget I need more spinnis soon!!
yeah, I should be well stocked-up before too long...