• The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.

Scorpionking20

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Totally Positive!!:clap:

I just completed a trade with Matt (aka Scorpionking20). I received my end of the trade today and I was so shocked to find out the stuffs that I received. He gave me an overcount of what he promised to me. And to top it all off, he throw in a A. Versicolor as a freebie:drool:!!! What a great person to deal with - Great communicator, Great Packer, and VERY VERY GENEROUS!! Im looking forward to doing business with this guy again in the very near future. He really earned my trust and respect!

Mike

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Positive AAA+++

I completed a trade with The King and all went well from the beginning to the delivery of the tarantula.Packing,great. Communication, Great. T, Great

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The Scorpion Royalty *Tee-Hee*

Never did I mention that I got a favorable & positive trade from Matt & Sarah :eek:
{"ScorpionKing20" & ScorpionQueen"}

They did Not want their beautiful Cobalt Blue female, and I never had a Lg. specimen.

He had not shipped B 4 - yet she arrived comfortable & safe :razz:

Thanx for all the purchases & pleasant Hobby conversations, etc. :worship:

Have a great Holiday Season you guys, sincerely, Jason J. Brown

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Positive AAA+++

I received a nice package of spiders from Matthew that nicely filled a gap in my collection. The box was perfectly packed and everything arrived nice and healthy. His communication was great which made everything nice and smooth.

kbekker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Positive

Just completed a trade with Scorpionking20. Great trade, shipped when he said he would, spider was very healthy and well packed. I would not hesitate to deal with him again.

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Positive!

Did a trade, he shipped promptly, packed well, and sent me 2 healthy looking tarantulas. He communicated well and was a good transaction all around. Would not hesitate to do business again.

Sukai94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Positive!

I recieved my spiders well packed and healthy. There was great communication throghout the whole transaction. Would do business with again. Thanks Scorpionking20!

-Jamie

Apollo Justice

Arachnoknight
Positive

Completed my purchase/trade with matt and he is a true asset to the hobby. Great communication, packing will do buisbess with again. Thanks

Radio

Arachnopeon
Negative

I hate posting negative reviews, but unfortunately am left with little choice in this situation.

On Wednesday, January 11 I made a purchase from Matthew DeMille, aka Scorpionking20. The link to his original ad is:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/show...-extras-Batman!

I originally requested these spiders to be shipped for a Friday delivery. Matthew said this would be no problem. Then something came up on Thursday that prevented him from shipping them. He asked when I would be home to receive them. I go to college in Raleigh, but was having them shipped to my home address so that I could receive them promptly. I told him this upfront, and asked if a Saturday delivery was possible. If not, I told him he could wait until the next weekend. He said Saturday delivery would be no problem.

Saturday rolls around and the tracking status shows the tarantulas are still in Utah, where Matthew lives. I called the post office, asking if this was accurate and they told me they did not even offer overnight shipping from his zip code to mine. The employee I spoke to told me that Matthew had opted for no Sunday or holiday delivery and as such, the spiders would not be delivered until Tuesday, when I would be back at school. This put me in a very difficult situation and after some shuffling of schedules I arranged to have my mother make the 6-hour round trip to Raleigh to bring the spiders straight to me. I PM’d Matthew and told him this, and asked if he would extend his LAG past the 2 hours stated, as due to his shipping error it would be around 3-4 hours before I could open the spiders. He did not acknowledge this request in his reply, so I assumed it would be okay. After all, it was his fault the T’s arrived late.

When I unpacked the T’s all heat packs were cold, of course, and the T. blondi, arguably the most valuable spider in the lot was dead. All others were fine, though the X. immanis is without a doubt male, though Matthew’s ad indicated it was almost definitely female. I sent him a photo of the T. blondi almost immediately after opening it, and politely asked for a refund.

Matthew refused, saying the shipping error was entirely the post office’s fault, not his. There are a couple issues with this claim. First, if it had in fact been the post office’s fault then Matthew would have gotten his money back, but he did not. The tracking number clearly shows that the package was guaranteed delivered by Tuesday the 17 at 3pm, not Saturday. Second, the shipping label shows that the package would be delivered second day, rather than next day. In addition, Matthew opted for no Sunday or holiday delivery. I asked for a Saturday delivery and it was his responsibility as the seller, not mine, to ensure this would happen.

He is now claiming that the LAG is null and void because:
A. The post office is the reason the T’s were delayed. This is clearly not true.
B. The temperatures were below 40. The day the T’s were delivered the temps were in the upper 50’s. They may have dipped below 40 at night, but if not for the delay this would not have mattered.
C. I didn’t report the dead T. blondi in 2 hours. I told him in advance that this would be impossible. My mother picked the T’s up around noon (though tracking shows 10 am as she called the post office at that time to ask them to hold the package in order to pick it up as soon as possible.) I sent Matthew a picture of the dead spider at 2:52 pm.

A photo of the dead animal can be seen here:
http://i.imgur.com/PzfPY.jpg

A photo of the shipping label, showing 2nd day delivery and no Sunday or holiday delivery can be seen here. Address have been blocked out for privacy.
http://i.imgur.com/5m5yD.jpg

I have filed a Paypal claim and am awaiting its resolution.

For full details, including all PMs sent between Matthew and myself, please read the BOI thread I have posted here: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297952

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
I hate to say it, but can a mod take this post off? As can be seen I DID NOT GUARANTEE LIVE ARRIVAL FOR THIS CUSTOMER. My terms as service, as seen in my original posting, does not say a refund will be given at all in weather under 40 degrees Farenheit.

Additionally, my terms of service state that I must be notified within 2 hours of delivery about a dead animal. The package was shipped to his mom, who then drove 6 hours to get the package to the buyer (I believe he is a college student). With that 6 hour drive, perhaps his mom had the heater on the box and killed the tarantula? I send him 10+ spiders and only 1 died. Between the cold and the notification of deceased time, I am not obligated to the buyer to give a refund.

The buyer filed a claim on Paypal, which I won just barely and recieved ALL of my funds back, so Paypal is with me on this one.

I would have normally issued a refund, however the package I sent was a bulk deal where I HEAVILY discounted the spiders as they would be purchased individually, and I ate $51 on shipping at no cost to the customer. If it weren't such a heavy discount in the first place, with the addition of me paying for shipping, I would have refunded him. However, as is, the purchaser still got his money's worth. I consider this issue closed. If a mod can/will close his negative review, please do so, as well as this one.