Scorpion won't eat properly

Dmitry Maksimovich

Arachnopeon
About a month ago I finally purchased a H.Laoticus, I assume adult but not sure how to check. Either way, the issue is that he won't eat properly, as in he doesn't respond to prey at all. In the first week of me having him I witnessed a locust riding on top of him. The locusts/roaches will crawl and climb all over him and he doesn't care, however the food does seem to disappear if I leave it in overnight. Is this normal? Is there any way to change that? Any help is greatly appreciated

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah that's somewhat normal. If you're feeding it with the lights on it may not be comfortable hunting until it's dark.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
About a month ago I finally purchased a H.Laoticus, I assume adult but not sure how to check. Either way, the issue is that he won't eat properly, as in he doesn't respond to prey at all. In the first week of me having him I witnessed a locust riding on top of him. The locusts/roaches will crawl and climb all over him and he doesn't care, however the food does seem to disappear if I leave it in overnight. Is this normal? Is there any way to change that? Any help is greatly appreciated
If the food is disappearing overnight there is nothing much wrong.It won't feed as soon as you put food in if it's daylight, being nocturnal. Leave off the feeding for 7/10 days and let the scorpion settle properly and chill for a while without being pestered by constantly bombarded with food.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
If kts an adult it's going to rarely eat. It can go MANY months without eating