Scorpion stuck in its burrow! Please help!!

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Well, if you clicked on the thread a little angry, thinking "that kid doesn't know anything about scorpions", then my goal was reached.. this was some kind of clickbait I guess :D

So guys, as some of you may know I've set up my Hadrurus arizonensis in the same enclosure but with a bigger layer of substrate, more rocks etc..
I have seen scorpions dig before, I have a good amount of desert scorpions and my Hadrurus has blocked off the entrance of its burrow with the sand that it dug towards the bottom of the terrarium in the past .

Though, my scorpion has been stuck for about 4 days now, and it doesn't seem to be able to go back to the surface. Maybe it's at last in premolt and it made a chamber but I'm not sure as I've seen it trying to dig towards the surface, but maybe it was only to make the chamber comfier and larger... idk!
The reason why I'm a little worried is that that chamber is around 10 or 15 centimeters from the surface, and that the long tunnel -which makes sharp turns- that leads to the surface appears to be COMPLETELY filled with excavated sand..
Should I be worried?

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It will be ok. They close off their burrows for a variety of reasons. If it was able to get in the tunnel, it will be able to get out. I would leave as is.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Yeah, even if their burrows close in, they could almost always dig out of there. If it's been refusing food previous, then probably premolt.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah I would not worry too much about that. It's not like they cannot dig out excepting some crazy hard material that would not allow for a burrow in the first place so I think you're alright. Just monitor it to ensure it is not becoming emaciated and it should be fine.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Thanks for your replies.
I didn't try to feed him as it is very fat.. except once, 2 weeks ago, it took a tiny moth that I had found on my window.
I don't think it's gonna molt but well.. it wouldn't just create a chamber in the ground for nothing I guess ^^

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A happy scorpion is usually one that doesnt want to be seen when it comes to obligate burrowers!