Scorpion stuck in its burrow! Please help!!

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
So guys, as some of you may know I've set up my Hadrurus arizonensis in the same enclosure but with a bigger layer of substrate, more rocks etc..
I have seen scorpions dig before, I have a good amount of desert scorpions and my Hadrurus has blocked off the entrance of its burrow with the sand that it dug towards the bottom of the terrarium in the past .

Though, my scorpion has been stuck for about 4 days now, and it doesn't seem to be able to go back to the surface. Maybe it's at last in premolt and it made a chamber but I'm not sure as I've seen it trying to dig towards the surface, but maybe it was only to make the chamber comfier and larger... idk!
The reason why I'm a little worried is that that chamber is around 10 or 15 centimeters from the surface, and that the long tunnel -which makes sharp turns- that leads to the surface appears to be COMPLETELY filled with excavated sand..
Should I be worried?

Last edited by a moderator:

RMJ

Arachnosquire
I personally wouldn't be worried :)

They can create these amazing burrows and tunnel complexes so I am certain they can dig their way out :), you could always help but I wouldn't, they can live with out food/water for quite some time!

Scoly

Arachnobaron
Cut it's stinger and pincers off so it looks like a centipede, then this thread will be in the correct section ;-)

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
I think It will be fine. Sometimes my arizonensis gets so carried away digging deeper it doesn't even transfer the sand all the way out of the burrow and just fills the tunnel behind itself with sand but eventually it always ends back up on the surface.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Thanks for your replies. It eventually molted yesterday, without any problem.. it's hardening in its chamber and I guess around a week from now it'll go back to the surface :)