Scorpion Speed?

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
So just wondering how it rates compared to arboreals and old world tarantulas? Been looking at adding some scorpions to the collection for awhile but just never pulled the trigger and with 260 worth of credit at my local shop I think it may be time.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Depends on species. Bigger ones tend to be not so fast (though I think Heterometrus is somewhat of an exception due to it being pretty swift for it's size ime). I'm guessing that scorpions will never be able to beat an arboreal in a race anytime soon. What species are you planning to get?

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It really depends on the species. Some move at like 3, others even 4 or 5.

All jokes aside, it really does come down to the species. In my experience, a lot of buthids tend to move very quickly, ie Centruroides, Babycurus, Androctonus, Leiurus etc.

Scorpionidae such as Pandinus, Hadogenes, Heterometrus etc tend to be more slow moving, generally speaking.

Younglings in general also tend to be more speedy and flighty, as a whole.

Nothing comparable to an arboreal tarantula, new world or old world, in my opinion.

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
I've been looking at true Emps and AFS to start with but if it's anything like my Ts one will turn into 50 in no time lol

Stugy

Arachnolord
Ime AFS is pretty fast (but really bulky and seems kinda clumsy) but not too fast that a person can't handle. I've never had an Emperor so I can't say anything about that. Neither have I had a T.... I don't think I should be posting in these kinda threads xD

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
As long as they're not as fast as my P Murinus I should be good. That jerky still startles me from time to time lol.

Stugy

Arachnolord
As long as they're not as fast as my P Murinus I should be good. That jerky still startles me from time to time lol.
Well I've heard P.Murinus was pretty fast so Emperor and AFS will be nowhere near as fast. But AFS is a lot more defensive (but it seems that scorpions have personality so you can still get an aggressive Emperor and a nice AFS :p)

Stugy

Arachnolord
Oh, okay. I hate common names, they confuse me lol

If you've had OW T's, that's not a bad first scorpion. They just tend to be a little more pissy than emps
Nah you just read it wrong. You somehow read "ASF" rather than "AFS" lol