Scorpion species identification

Ian14

Arachnobaron
What was it sold as? Pandinus are now CITES Appendix II, with very strict export quotas. To be legally imported they need CITES permits with the species named.
I believe that imperator currently has a zero export quota.

Crom

Arachnosquire
100% Pandinus imperator. Dictator has much heavier granulation on its tergites and its metasoma/telson. They are also rare and you won't find real dictator unless it's thru a very few private breeders, such as myself

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Check this video sir, btw tail is dark red so must be imperator as heterometrus have black telson
Not always. They can have black, creamy yellow and reddish brown telsons.
If bought as an adult then the liklihood is it is not any Pandinus species due to export and import restrictions.
It is not unheard of for dealers to pass off Hetermeterus spp as Pandinus.
The price will also be a good indicator.
I can only speak for UK prices. Before Pandinus spp became CITES II you could pick up WC adults in a shop for between £10 and £20. Now you can expect to pay at least £100 for CB young. Why? Because they are not being legally exported from Africa. I am aware of several large shipments seized in the UK that had been smuggled in.
Heterometerus spp, however, cam still be picked up cheaply. Sell them on as something rarely sold now, and up goes the price.

Harmanpreet

Arachnopeon
Not always. They can have black, creamy yellow and reddish brown telsons.
If bought as an adult then the liklihood is it is not any Pandinus species due to export and import restrictions.
It is not unheard of for dealers to pass off Hetermeterus spp as Pandinus.
The price will also be a good indicator.
I can only speak for UK prices. Before Pandinus spp became CITES II you could pick up WC adults in a shop for between £10 and £20. Now you can expect to pay at least £100 for CB young. Why? Because they are not being legally exported from Africa. I am aware of several large shipments seized in the UK that had been smuggled in.
Heterometerus spp, however, cam still be picked up cheaply. Sell them on as something rarely sold now, and up goes the price.
Most of the stuff here is illegally imported so it is possible

Crom

Arachnosquire
Looks like imperator to me.

Heterometrus spinifer have red telsons. Silenus does not