Scorpion shedding - trouble

KAH

Arachnopeon
Need some advice. I realize up until this point I've done everything wrong, and I feel crappy enough, so hopefully just helpful advice. Both of my emperor scorpions shed last night, and one of them is completely out except for one leg. I very gently tried to work the shed off of her and that just stressed her out. So I thought I'd just make sure it is humid enough in there so I misted the tank really well, only to then read that I should not mist her directly, which I couldn't avoid because she's out in the open. I don't know what to do. I feel awful, wish I would've just let her be for another day, wish I would've done a lot more reading before I tried to do anything. This is probably her fourth molt, and up until this point there's never been a problem.

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If it's just one leg, it's not a problem. If the leg comes out badly, the scorpion can regenerate the leg in subsequent molts. It's only the 4th molt too.

KAH

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the reply. You can see in the picture the messed up cluster of old shed kind of attached to her right side. Before I took this picture I was able to carefully remove a lot of it without messing with her, but at this point I want to just leave her be until she hardens up a bit, maybe just let nature take it's course. Just not sure how well she'll be able to get around if I can't get this off of her.

Attachments

KAH

Arachnopeon
Well, I still have her. I watched and waited for about a week, not much movement from either of them, but both very much alive and feisty. Every once in a while I tried to carefully see if I could get any of that shed off, but she won't have anything to do with it. She stayed in the corner of the tank, while the other one stayed under the hide. (The other one had no problem shedding, and is huge in comparison now. That was the other thing, the one that was having trouble shedding doesn't look any bigger) I decided maybe she could be an easy target. Although they've both cohabitated without an issue for the last four years, I worried maybe there could be a problem now that one of them isn't 100%. Needless to say, they are in separate tanks now. It appears they're both eating, although I'm not seeing much of either of them. Although that seems more typical of their behavior, it's just that the last month or so they were both super active. Guessing it's because they were about to molt. Thank you for asking, if anyone wants to chime in or has any opinions, I'd love to hear them. Hoping she can just go on with this piece of her attached, and successfully get out of all of it the next time around!