Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Scorpion premolt I'd help

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Sillver, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Sillver

Sillver Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    I got a couple of scorpions that I think may be in premolt and I was hoping someone could help confirm if they are

Smeringurus mesaensis, I believe this is in premolt mainly because of its body shape and because its ignoring any food.

20191018_022254.jpg

Leiurus hebraeus "orange morph", this one is definitely in premolt just from how ballooned up it is.

20191018_021623.jpg

Hottentotta franzwerneri, I'm not sure is she is in premolt or not, I can't tell or not because of her color and because of her behavior. I've had her for about a month now and she's eaten once and is batting anything away that gets close to her.

20191018_021705.jpg 20191018_021724.jpg

Paravaejovis confusus, I doubt it is but I cant really tell cause it's so tiny. It's a 1/4" scorpling.

20191018_022535.jpg 20191018_022555.jpg

Scorpio maurus, I believe this is in premolt mainly because of its body shape and because it batting any food away from it.

20191018_021810.jpg

Please any help would be great.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  2. Patherophis

Patherophis Arachnobaron Active Member

The first one for sure is not Scorpio maurus. It seems to be some buthid!

3. Sillver

Sillver Arachnosquire

Sorry that's my Smeringurus mesaensis I put the wrong name buy accident. It's fixed now and I've uploaded a picture of my Scorpio maurus.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Outpost31Survivor

Outpost31Survivor Arachnobaron Active Member

I wouldn't doubt they are in premolt. The signs are fattening up, increased inactivity, and refusal of food.

5. Mordax8393

Mordax8393 Arachnoknight

USA
    Everything xpt maybe P. confusus is premolt I think

6. Sillver

Sillver Arachnosquire

Yeah that's what I thought but with how small the P. Confusus is I wasn't sure. Also I think one of my C.gracilis may be in premolt.
    20191018_214814.jpg

7. Outpost31Survivor

Outpost31Survivor Arachnobaron Active Member

If any of them are already fully mature it's simply full and I would cut down on its food intake once its slimmed down.

8. Sillver

Sillver Arachnosquire

The only one that's close to fully mature is the S.Mesaenesis, but it still should have 1 or 2 molts until its mature and the rest range from 1.5" to 1/2"

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.