Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Scorpion poop

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Scorponok, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Scorponok

Scorponok Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I read that scorpion poop is supposed to be a dry white powder but my emps' droppings have more of a creamy texture, sort of like the inside of a marshmallow. Anyone else experience this?

2. David_F

David_F Arachnoprince Old Timer

When it dries it will be powdery. Kinda like bird poop. Can't imagine it would be too comfortable passing chalk through your system...even for a scorpion. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. carpe scorpio

carpe scorpio Arachnoking Old Timer

All of us have, it looks like blobs of WhiteOut. :?

4. Deadly1

Deadly1 Deadliest of Them All Old Timer

Ive seen my Bicolors poop......they put their tail straihgt down.....and arch up on all their legs.....and yeah it kinda looks like cream , kinda funny actually to see them do it

5. Fergrim

Fergrim Arachnoangel Old Timer

I've never seen my scorpions poop.. I'm missing out..

• Like Like x 1
  6. carpe scorpio

Well, since we are on this subject.

7. How would you like it carpe, if people were posting pictures of YOU when on the john. lol

8. Fergrim

9. carpe scorpio

Show your poop shots!!!. ;P

10. Fergrim

I tried my best, but couldn't find my digicam!

11. robbi

robbi Arachnopeon

So scorpion poop comes out before the telson but after the 5th segment of the tail? Just needed to clarify that.

12. Widowman10

Widowman10 Arachno WIDOW Old Timer

right around here...

[​IMG]

so pretty much yes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hannable

Hannable Arachnopeon

I just received a scorpion from my boyfriend. He found it in a shipment of roofing tiles from Columbia or Mexico (where all their company's roofing tiles come from). I am not sure what kind of Scorpion this is so if you guys know from the picture, input would be greatly appreciated as to what kind I now have as a new pet. More importantly, he has white substance on his front two claws and a couple wait spots around his back. I attached a picture so that you can see what I'm talking about. I read a lot of other post about possible fungus and to try to wipe it off with a wet Q-tip. I tried this and nothing came off, it seems to be firm and hardened on there. Any advice on what this is or what I should do?
    Thanks so much!
    Hannah

Attached Files:

14. ArachnoDrew

ArachnoDrew Arachnoprince Active Member

Im about 90% sure That would be CENTRUROIDES GRACILIS the Florida bark scorpion. A simple enclosure set up would be an inch of cocofiber substrate. Vertical bark for it to climb on and 1 leaning bark for it to hide . Keep it moist and humid but not too wet

That would be poop all over it. These a notorious for it because of there long tails curled up against them

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. RTTB

RTTB Arachnoprince

If it's from Mexico or Colombia I'm finding it confusing.

16. ArachnoDrew

Maybe another centruroides?

17. brandontmyers

brandontmyers Arachnoangel Old Timer

Definitely Centruroides but it would be nearly impossible to narrow it down without a definitive location. Could be from the C. gracilis complex but that also gets tricky.

Also of note, appears to be an adult male.

18. ArachnoDrew

100% male

19. Hannable

Hannable Arachnopeon

Thank you so much!

20. Hannable

Hannable Arachnopeon

Thank you!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.