Scorpion number 3

Sharkbot Jones

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, anyone know a good third scorpion I could get? I have a desert hairy and an P. Imperator so far.

PrincessAltina

ArachnoQueen
Any preferences? Im a little biased towards desert species but theres some phenomenal arboreal/tropical species i can also reccomend

PrincessAltina

ArachnoQueen
I've personally never owned that species but im certain it has mild venom, i know they like to burrow so be prepared to never see them lol. Other good beginners i can reccomend are scorpio maurus, smeringurus meseansis, and anything under centruroides.

PrincessAltina

ArachnoQueen
If spiciness isn't an issue i can reccomend so many more wonderful species, my favorite are anything androctonus and hottentotta

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
" Does it matter how medically significant they are ?" quote from Ferrachi

It would do to gain a bit of experience first with less venomous species, but as long as you use common sense and give them plenty of respect (no fingers in enclosure, use tongs etc) it shouldn't be too much of an issue about how venomous they are. Some species (Leirus) are more skittish than others and more likely to go into a defensive posture, others can spray venom (parabuthus sp), and some will hiss at you (opistophthalmus). As for adding another scorpion for your collection, I'd go with the dune scorpion (Smeringurus mesaensis). It's not deadly venomous, has an attitude, and it will actively hunt down its prey

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
It seems that a cycle many go through is get a scorpion...find out they enjoy it, then they want to start getting several ...and of course...we all do!

I humbly offer that you will find it more rewarding to first really dig into the species you have. Pair them up...attempt not just successfully maintaining them but reproducing them.

That experience will be invaluable and will give you time to assess the desire to delve further into scorpion keeping.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
I absolutely love my T. stigmurus. Not too skittish/pretty/active and more importantly parthenogenic. They are very hot though. They sting a huge roach and in seconds the thing is all but dead and being eaten