Scorpion newbie...

L_mactans

Arachnolush
Old Timer
I have always loved Spiders, especially tarantulas, for most of my life. I never really considered getting a scorpion. I was always a little afraid of them, especially after getting nailed by one a couple of years ago while in Panama. But, today I came home today with an Emperor scorpion. There was just something about how sweet it looked eating it's cricket, or how sad it looked in an overcrowded tank, but it called out to me.
So now... I am good with my Ts, but this was very impulse, and I don't want to kill it with my lack of knowledge. I just printed off a lot of information about them, and it looks like I may need to make adjustments.
It is about 2.5", I have it in a 2gal kritter keeper, potting soil/vermic. mix (about 3" deep), cork bark hideout, and a bowl of water. Suggestions?
And how can you tell male from female? :? Very excited either way...

Kelly (L_mac)

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Kelly,

Welcome to the dark side. Knew you'd join us sooner or later. :) First of all, read the sticky at the top of this forum on emp care. That should cover the basics. Then, check out http://wrbu.si.edu/www/stockwell/faq/sex.html for sexing info. Feel free to ask any remaining questions.

Cheers,
Dave