Scorpion mulch injury??

Curiousred

Arachnopeon
Hey! Quick question.
I picked up a beautiful emperor a few weeks ago, which is surprisingly active. I noticed yesterday it seemed to have some of the mulch slivers stuck up under the lip of its face. It doesn't seem to be hurting, the little guy is still crawling all over the place, but I'm worried about it. I don't want to try and pull it ott and stress my little Gordon out, but I don't know if I should leave it either. Advice??

NYAN

Arachnoking
Mulch isn’t an appropriate substrate for invertebrates, so I would remove it and replace it with something like coco fiber.

Besides that the scorpion should be fine. It’ll be able to remove them probably if it feels bothered.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hey! Quick question.
I picked up a beautiful emperor a few weeks ago, which is surprisingly active. I noticed yesterday it seemed to have some of the mulch slivers stuck up under the lip of its face. It doesn't seem to be hurting, the little guy is still crawling all over the place, but I'm worried about it. I don't want to try and pull it ott and stress my little Gordon out, but I don't know if I should leave it either. Advice??
Get rid of the mulch and replace it with several inches of moist coco fiber.