scorpion molting

dazbuzz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
just wanted to mention my scorpion just started molting about 2-3 hours ago :D. this is the first time i have seen a scorpion molt and i gotta say it's kinda strange.

dazbuzz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
erm...the other scorpion is walking up to the molting one. should i seperate it?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just dont do anything (unless the other attacks it which I doubt it will) and you should see something similar to this

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it would depend on the kind of scorp you have as to whether or not you should worry about cannibalism. nice pics Brian

dazbuzz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
omg it's been about 7-9 hours and the thing is still molting. i had to give the other scorpion a cricket to stop it going near the molting one.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what kind of scorp? how big? whats the temp? lower temps can take alot longer to molt :D

dazbuzz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it'a an emperor scorpion the temp is about 25-26. i think it's molting from 2i to 3i. also the humidity is about 75-80%.

dazbuzz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
is this normal my emp has been molting for the last 15-17 hours.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
omg it's been about 7-9 hours and the thing is still molting. i had to give the other scorpion a cricket to stop it going near the molting one.
Just make sure the cricket gets killed or eaten. Otherwise, the cricket might end up nibbling on your freshly molted scorp.