Scorpion Malnourishment

Abu Bakr

Arachnopeon
Do scorpions have any specific nutrition requirement? This question came to my mind because I saw a video on FB of a weak and slow moving S. Gigantea centipede and one of the comments suggested it's because of lack of vitamin B complex and C in its diet since the owner was feeding it with Dubia and superworm only so it got me thinking if something similar applies to scorpions as well.

I have a colony of red runner roaches which I feed to my scorpions. The only thing that I feed those roaches with is sliced potatoes and they seem to be doing fine. Eating well and the colony is growing.

Would this be sufficient to fulfil nutritional requirement of scorpions?

Willa

Arachnopeon
I don't know anything specific about nutrition, but I think that variety can help with any nutritional deficiencies. If you're worried, change it up with crickets, super worms, etc. and feed your feeders more variety so they can be more nutrient packed and pass that on to your scorpion.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Roaches are rich in protein and nutrients. Just keep your roaches healthy and well fed. But I dont breed and raise feeders as I only have a handful of inverts atm and buy their food at lps.

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
Not familiar with centipedes, so it very well might be an issue with them but I've never heard of vitamin deficiencies in scorpions. Even so, might as well diversify your roaches' food. I treat my roach colony like a living compost bin, throw in apple cores, banana peels, overripe avocados, wilted greens, basically anything that's not moldy. They seem to really love it, I have less garbage to throw out and I end up with a basically free, replenishing food supply for all my critters, it's a win/win/win.