Scorpion Laying Eggs???

ScorpionObsession

Arachnosquire
So my Parabuthus Trans. who i have had for about 3 weeks and i have known is gravid just laid what looks to be Small White/yellow eggs. I know scorpions dont lay eggs so im guessing this is like a misscarriage?? does anyone have any info on this?

ScorpionObsession

Arachnosquire
So after further research i have learned that yes, she laid a whole brood of infertle eggs. Not sure how that happened as its pretty rare, I'm assuming her being shipped in near freezing temperatures a month ago has something to do with it. Oh well better luck next time. I feel bad for the Scorpion she is defending the eggs like they are alive, im suprised she hasnt eaten the eggs yet.

david booth

Arachnosquire
So
So after further research i have learned that yes, she laid a whole brood of infertle eggs. Not sure how that happened as its pretty rare, I'm assuming her being shipped in near freezing temperatures a month ago has something to do with it. Oh well better luck next time. I feel bad for the Scorpion she is defending the eggs like they are alive, im suprised she hasnt eaten the eggs yet.
Sorry to hear that dude. I've never heard of that happening but I guess it does happen every so often. Don't know weather you should leave them in there or not ???? Somebody more experienced will drop by soon.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
If she doesn't eat them I would remove them. It sucks when there's a bad brood and some species can have brood issues when they get older. Maybe you can try to breed her once more in the future and hopefully it will be a live brood.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It happens for a multitude of reasons, I'll list them below from my experiences
  • Poor diet
  • Not enough water during gestation
  • Not a strong enough heat gradient during gestation
  • Freezing temps as you stated. Keep it above 60 on the cool end during gestation
  • Bad sperm from the male
  • Etc
Hope this helps! I mostly have issues with bad eggs with Hottentotta jayakari. My own fault I know, I don't give them the proper conditions most of the time :(