scorpion is cold

tomas newman

Arachnopeon
i feel like my scorpion is cold i have a huge heating pad on the side of the tank it's a 10-50 gallon pad on a 5 gallon tank it covers the whole side anyway.. i just recently got him hes barley moved since he huddles next to the pad i felt it from the inside and it's not warm at al should i got ahead and get an over head light i read and some people don't think they are good for them... i live in washington state so it's fairly cold in the morning the house is probably 70 since it hasn't been warm lately and i can't seem to keep the cage humid at all i'm continusly having to spray and tips thanks!!!!

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
They make "no light" ceramic heat bulbs . Basically just a bulb that's gives off pure heat no light what so ever. Or you can go infrared . They're not suppose to be able to see the color red.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
1) What exactly is the average temperature in the room where you keep said arachnid? Day and Night, thanks.

2) Which genus of Scorpiones we are talking about?

3) Don't be sorry for your grammar, mine's worst. I'm always happy to read posts where the 'comma' died of Ebola virus, btw.

4) :pompous:

tomas newman

Arachnopeon
1) What exactly is the average temperature in the room where you keep said arachnid? Day and Night, thanks.

2) Which genus of Scorpiones we are talking about?

3) Don't be sorry for your grammar, mine's worst. I'm always happy to read posts where the 'comma' died of Ebola virus, btw.

4) :pompous:
asian forrest and about 75 all day

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
asian forrest and about 75 all day
So let's say genus Heterometrus, forget the exact specie. Care is the same.

75 F are -- let' see if I'm not wrong (we don't use F) -- almost 24° C.
While of course not exactly the average Thailand ones but IMO? Not terrible at all.

75 F (Day I assume) with, or without, the additional heathing? If without, ditch that heat pad/device.

Night 70 F are ok.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
You don't want to use ceramic bulbs or other bulb type heaters as it will dry the enclosure out very fast. What kind of lid do you use? If it is heavily vented it will allow heat from the pad to escape faster (as well as humidity) I use an acrylic lid cut to fit and with a few small holes drilled into it.