Scorpion instar

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
Hi, do some of you know what species of Scorpion reaches 9th instar? And what are the factors regarding this?

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Parabuthus capensis , androctonus crassicauda and hadrurus arizonensis females all seem to be able to reach 8-9 instars as per www.buthidae.eu

Im sure there are other large species that can obtain 9th instar and it may have to do with the large size of the specie itself as well as temps , frequency of feeding and size of feeders used also.

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
Parabuthus capensis , androctonus crassicauda and hadrurus arizonensis females all seem to be able to reach 8-9 instars as per www.buthidae.eu

Im sure there are other large species that can obtain 9th instar and it may have to do with the large size of the specie itself as well as temps , frequency of feeding and size of feeders used also.
Thank you

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince

9i sounds nuts considering I feel 80 - 90% of captive raised specimens dont even make it passed 7i. For them to even reach 8i in captivity would be more than a full year after 7i.i can't imagine the length in which it takes to hit 9I. Would easily be 3 - 5 year process and you would have to NEVER pair or attempt to mate the specimens

Makes me wonder how many documented 9th instar specimens are true 9i or even 8I

I've personally raised capensis from slings to adults and very much depends in the species. I have mature capensis black morphs that are matured at 5i. I have red morphs at 7I. And I have bright morphs at 6i and still growing lol

Crassicauda in the wild have been known to get massive probably reaching 8i and 9i . But captive raised I haven't seen any above 7i