Scorpion ID??

ScorpionNerd

Arachnopeon
That it is not I know for sure I'm leaning g towards some type of androctonus however I think I'm still wrong I only think that as its super aggressive like that speceis but centruroides ot any type it is not gurantees also it wants that chunky when I got it a few weeks ago its eaten a good meal to get that belly.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Tail is incorrect for Androctonus. Do you have any other information on it? Is it living on the ground or on a piece of vertical bark? It almost strikes me as Hottentotta, but I'm not sure on that.

ScorpionNerd

Arachnopeon
It will hang upside down and spend alot ot time terrestrial and from what I can tell arid mostly unfortunately I have no background on it as it came as a freeby in a shipment and that hobbyist doenst ecen recall adding it they claim so I'm at a total loss all I know is I have 2 they look exa tky the same and both were very slim upon receiving them and their super aggressive.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
@brandontmyers is great at IDing buthids so he may be able to help here. With the extra photos I'm wondering if it could be Mesobuthus.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
Is it a relatively slow or relatively fast species when alarmed or excited?

Do we know for a fact that it is not a C. sculpturatus? It certainly holds its tail like one.

ScorpionNerd

Arachnopeon
Absolutely not any type of centruroides that I do know and it's very fast and aggressive and if possibly in the mesobuthus family then any specific one?

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is a Buthus or Mesobuthus sp. It is almost impossible to say what species without knowing where it is from.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Absolutely not any type of centruroides that I do know and it's very fast and aggressive and if possibly in the mesobuthus family then any specific one?
Mesobuthus and Centruroides are in the same family. As is Buthus, Androctonus, and Hottentotta. There are several others in that family not listed in this thread. It's generally not a good idea to buy a scorpion when you don't even know which family it's in...I'm guessing there was no location info for it either?