Scorpion ID - retry

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would try and ID some of the scorpions we have in the hobby this side of the ocean. So far I have not been able to get any solid confirmation as to what species this is. I unfortunately have no idea from which country this scorpion originated.
They are just referred to as "Red claws" in the local trade.

Here are some photos:

Any ideas?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's so hard to tell, you see so many incorrect IDs at google images. Young people trust stores and "adults" at the store, not realizing they don't know either. So, they post their scorpion along with the incorrect ID they were told it was. Whatever it is, it looks immature to me. My hunch when I first saw it was a young H. cyaneus. ...a wild guess though.

Jonathan159

Arachnosquire
I'd say either Heterometrus Cyaneus or H.Laoticus H.petersii. Heterometrus sp. are notoriously hard to correctly identify by your average scorpion keeper. (Just like me! :) ) hopefully someone will chime in soon.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
These scorpions have been a mistry I have been trying to solve for a long while now :rofl: but you guys rate it's definitely of the Heterometrus genus?

Rolls

Arachnopeon
I'd for sure say Heterometrus genus no doubt as I'm sure everyone here would say, the issue is with the exact species as most are largely the same.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd say it's not laoticus and petersii, I've had those, yours doesn't look like either.

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
There's barely granulation on the carapace, since H. cyaneus is heavily granulated, I wouldn't think it's H. cyaneus.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I noticed that also, I think it's going to be either bengalensis, gravimanus or phipsoni. Go look at images, what do you think?

brolloks

Arachnobaron
They do actually resemble some of the species mentioned so far.
Good info, thanks ;)