Scorpion id please

Apollo Justice

Arachnoknight
So I found all 3 of the scorpions in my house in Ventura Ca I know that the 2 females are very gravid. Anf they've been living communally for about 2 months

Any opions would be greatly appreciated

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Vaejovis sp. Of some sort. Not familiar with what species is in your area. My are those two gravid! You might try raising the temps 5 degrees or so as it might induce them to give birth sooner than later. Be prepared for lots of scorplings.

John
];')

lancej

Arachnolord
That smaller one looks like a Centruroides to me. If it has an extra barb on the telson, that would be my guess. I would separate them (or at least separate the smaller one). Nice looking scorps!

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, I would remove the Centruroides specimen if I where you.

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The larger two look like Paruroctonus sp. and since you're in California they are likely P.silvestrii.However,it is impossible to ID Paruroctonus to the species level without magnification due to the fact that there are a whole lot in the genus that look the same to the naked eye.Definitely remove the scorpion that is obviously different than the other too.I'm really curious as to what that smaller one is,as I don't think there are any centruriodes in CA.I could very well be wrong though.

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh my those females look like they are ready to explode!

Apollo Justice

Arachnoknight
Thanks guys I don't do scorpions just T's and I found all three of them in my bathroom when I flipped on the light. To be honest I was very surprised cause this was the first time I've ever seen scorps in this area. I used to live in Ojai and I use to catch them EVERYWHERE. And the females do look like they are going to pop. Oh btw no barb to be seen on the telson

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think that is Centruroides sculpturatus and it is correct what you see, because this species has no "barb" (= subaculear tooth)...

regards, Michiel

lancej

Arachnolord
Could you post some pictures of the smaller one by itself? It would be very helpful if you could post pictures from above, as well as from the side.

lancej

Arachnolord
I don't think it's a Centruroides. Maybe it's a Vaejovis species. The tail segments just don't look like a Centruroides, which was my first thought when I couldn't see it more clearly. Cool scorpion, though!

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Your right...now that i've seen the new pics I can see it is not a Centruroides,but some type of Vaejovid I think...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

khil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the first one I caught in so cal too, I think it's p silvestri. They're easy to care for, keep it dryish and give crickets. You're so lucky to find scorps in your house!

Apollo Justice

Arachnoknight
the first one I caught in so cal too, I think it's p silvestri. They're easy to care for, keep it dryish and give crickets. You're so lucky to find scorps in your house!
Lol thanks I'm gonna be releasing them next week though. Scorps never really seemed to intrest me that much. Plus they are REALLY loud at night always digging around lol