Scorpion ID (New Camera Too :) )

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
Hey I asked about these guys before... got a few answers .. hoping with the better pictures i'll get a 100% ID

Thnxs Bammer

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I can't i.d. these if my life depended on it. Nice camera though! Those are great shots! :clap:

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
didn't you post these also on Venomlist? (Maybe I am mistaken) They look like an Asian Euscorpiidae (genera: Scorpiops, Neoscorpiops, Euscorpiops etc). You cannot ID these on species level, or most other species, with a picture. Where are these specimens from?

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
I purchased these from my local Exotics store.
They were labeled as "Tri-Colored Burrowing Scorpions" ... However with some quick research i know they aren't O. Walbergi . <Spelling ?

Any advice on how to keep these guys ?
I have been keeping them at room temp. w/ humidity at the low end.
Some neat scorpions, currently have 3 of them... would like to get them closer to their natural environment if possible...

Thnxs Bammer.

Trexer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
+1. they looks like Madagascar flat rocks. nice coloration too!

my opinion can be wrong, as i've never owned or researched them, but have seen pics offhand

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I have my suspicions. Can you get a good picture of the bottom of the feet?

Cheers,
Dave

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
I'll try and get a few more photos this weekend.
Thanks all for the input, greatly appreciated.

Trexer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can you also post a pic of it next to something common so i can see the size please :)

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
any idea where they were collected?

ive got suppliers in the UK advertising "Heteroscorpion opisthacanthoides" and EU suppliers "Opistacanthus madagascariensis" both from the same country

might be a worldwide export of these fellas? seem like beauties :) gl with the ID!

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Unfortunately, that picture doesn't show the detail needed. You need to determine whether the bottom of the feet have small spinules, setae or setae with tiny little spines between. Can you get better zoom? Perhaps put the scorpion in a ziplock bag, press out the air, flip it over and take a good picture with good light. Then crop just the feet at 100% rather than resizing.

Cheers,
Dave