Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Scorpion help

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Osirisbarkscorp, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Advertisement
    Hey, everyone I'm a pretty new scorpion owner I bought an aziona bark scorpion and was given a emperor scorpion recently I was wondering if anyone knows the best day/night temp for both of the scorpions and if anyone knows if it's ok and if it's a good idea to do a false bottom for both of the scorps I've heard it was a good idea for a emperor but I don't know about my bark
    The bark name is Osiris and the emperor name is serket

2. zyphonix223

zyphonix223 Arachnosquire Active Member

Don't keep it 100% dark, but keep it really dark for as long as possible. Scorpions hate light and it will reduce stress.

3. I keep my scorps in the mid 70s and that works fine for me. If you do need to add a heat mat make sure to put it on the side as scorpions dig to escape heat and will only get hotter. A false bottom would be fine for an emperor but wouldn't do it for an arid scorpion as it would only hold humidity and possibly overdo it.

4. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Arachnosquire Active Member

False bottom would be ok for the emperor but I don't think it would be necessary for the Arizona bark scorpion as it's a drier species. Keep temps mid 70s to 80s they both should do fine at those temps. P. Imperators like it humid and prefer deep substrate.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.