Scorpion Heat Mat

FlamingSwampert

Arachnosquire
Hey everyone.

I'm considering a scorpion, and thus I am in need of a heat mat. I may also get another for my roaches or beetles. I was looking for a 6x8 in heat mat on Amazon, but some of the reviews have concerned me- especially in reference to reliability and intended function.

I was wondering what 6x8 in heat mats ya'll recommend that can reliably heat a 10 gallon enclosure to an estimated 75-80 degrees (from a 68 degree room) on the warm end. It would also need to have an output control, such as a dial or thermostat. I would also prefer one available on Amazon.

Thanks everyone!

Isaax Critterz

Arachnoknight
From general scorpion knowledge I posses, a heat mat is somewhat unnecessary if you're keeping more of an Asian or old world scorpion. ( not sure if you can classify old world and new world scorpions like old world\new world tarantulas. ) But if your scorpion lives in the more hot desert terrains i would use a heat hat. Just make sure the enclosure is not plastic or else: heat = melt plastic. If that is the case use a towel underneath the heat mat so it lays in-between the enclosure and the heat mat.

FlamingSwampert

Arachnosquire
From general scorpion knowledge I posses, a heat mat is somewhat unnecessary if you're keeping more of an Asian or old world scorpion. ( not sure if you can classify old world and new world scorpions like old world\new world tarantulas. ) But if your scorpion lives in the more hot desert terrains i would use a heat hat. Just make sure the enclosure is not plastic or else: heat = melt plastic. If that is the case use a towel underneath the heat mat so it lays in-between the enclosure and the heat mat.
Right, I'm gonna get a 10gal aquarium so it will be made of glass. My house is 66-68 so I think supplemental heat would be required for almost all species of scorpion (especially the large, docile, beginner friendly species).