Scorpion (H. Longi) isnt eating, i dont really know yet the feeding schedule for this guy

How often should I feed him?

• Multiple times in a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once a week

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Poonjab

Arachnoking
It’s going to take some time. Scorpions don’t have the appetite like other critters. They are also ambush predators. Mine likes to sit in his hide and wait for a meal to come by. It’s rare if I can ever tong feed mine. Just provide him with proper husbandry and give him time to settle in. He’ll eat when ready. That’s the short don’t stress out answer. This is common behavior.

richxdato

Arachnopeon
It’s going to take some time. Scorpions don’t have the appetite like other critters. They are also ambush predators. Mine likes to sit in his hide and wait for a meal to come by. It’s rare if I can ever tong feed mine. Just provide him with proper husbandry and give him time to settle in. He’ll eat when ready. That’s the short don’t stress out answer. This is common behavior.
Thanks dude i thought he was dying HAHAHAHA because unlike my Ts, this guy isnt really interested in eating

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Just be patient. Give him a lil extra substrate to burrow and an adequate hide. Keep substrate damp, but not wet. They do prefer it a lil warmer as well. This will help increase appetite. T’s as you know will eat a couple times a week or more if given the opportunity. Don’t be surprised if he becomes a pet hole. Mine literally never comes out. Just sits in his hide and waits. But is lively and doing super well. I want to say mine eats about once every 3 to 4 weeks, depending on what it ate. I’ve only gotten fortunate to tong feed it twice. And that was with a pre crushed/stunned meal worm to prevent them from burrowing because my scorpion isn’t the most accurate haha. But no need to stress in my opinion. As long as your husbandry is correct, just allow him to settle into a spot and then try to feed him. Hope this gives you some reassurance if you’ve been noticing same traits in yours.

richxdato

Arachnopeon
Just be patient. Give him a lil extra substrate to burrow and an adequate hide. Keep substrate damp, but not wet. They do prefer it a lil warmer as well. This will help increase appetite. T’s as you know will eat a couple times a week or more if given the opportunity. Don’t be surprised if he becomes a pet hole. Mine literally never comes out. Just sits in his hide and waits. But is lively and doing super well. I want to say mine eats about once every 3 to 4 weeks, depending on what it ate. I’ve only gotten fortunate to tong feed it twice. And that was with a pre crushed/stunned meal worm to prevent them from burrowing because my scorpion isn’t the most accurate haha. But no need to stress in my opinion. As long as your husbandry is correct, just allow him to settle into a spot and then try to feed him. Hope this gives you some reassurance if you’ve been noticing same traits in yours.
Thanks for the help man, im gonna do what youve said haha im gonna try to feed him next week

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
One of my scorpions has just got back onto eating since it’s fast since October. Don’t fall into the trap once it’s appetite builds off over feeding though that is never good. Even though it’s technically not possible to over feed your scorpions it’s never been recommended. Be ready for when this scorpion is adult to not eat for months at a time and be a living rock with pincers and a sting !