scorpion get mycosis in dry environment

ketx

Arachnopeon
My Death Stalker had it bad from the previous keepers habitat care and it now has molted and has completely went away. I'd maybe suggest just avoid moisture all together and just play it safe with gutloaded well hydrated feeders. I've experienced good results and very good feeding responses with trying to replicate its natural environment. My Egyptian Green has a spot I'm watching but I'm keeping the humidity mid range to help molt and then I'm cutting it back right after. Been having some really good luck with the deserts as of lately. I hope yours molts out and gets rid of that stuff it's nasty.
The humidity in my scorpion enclosures have never reach to 50% for a year of my care and it constantly stayed around 25% if i spray water in the enclosure. when I leave it dry for month, it goes down to 15%. I have been monitoring humidity and temperature very frequently every daylight and night because i saw many people have problem with mycosis on androcotonus species especially before i was getting two scorpions

Last edited:

Veno Manus

Arachnobaron
The humidity in my scorpion enclosures have never reach to 50% for a year of my care and it constantly stayed around 25% if i spray water in the enclosure. when I leave it dry for month, it goes down to 15%. I have been monitoring humidity and temperature very frequently every daylight and night because i saw many people have problem with mycosis on androcotonus species especially before i was getting two scorpions

Where do you live by chance? I live in Washington and our rough humidity is 40%-60%ish ranges. So it's kinda tough to keep desert species 100% correctly here without adding up the electricity bill. Currently I'm fighting high humidity and my rack is a tad higher with the temp spikes.

ketx

Arachnopeon
Where do you live by chance? I live in Washington and our rough humidity is 40%-60%ish ranges. So it's kinda tough to keep desert species 100% correctly here without adding up the electricity bill. Currently I'm fighting high humidity and my rack is a tad higher with the temp spikes.
I live in canada. I have humidity control system in my apartment and its working properly so, currently I have no problem dealing with humidity.