Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

[] SCORPION EMERGENCY PLEASE READ []

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by 42LegAPede, Aug 12, 2016.

Will he be fine?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. 42LegAPede

42LegAPede Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    My desert hairy scorpion escaped from it's terrarium and fell down the stairs. He is still alive and barely moving although not away from this one spot. :sorry:

[​IMG]

2. shining

shining Arachnodemon

Catch it, put it back, secure the escape route.

Nobody, can say for sure if it'll be fine. We don't know how it fell or the damage it sustained.

3. 42LegAPede

42LegAPede Arachnosquire

He fell off of a ledge 10 feet onto a hardwood floor. I have him in his enclosure under a heat lamp and he has walked a little bit and moves his limbs a bit.

4. From 10 ft!!! That is one daredevil scorp you have there. That is a big fall for a scorpion though, not sure. They ARE known to be pretty resilient, so I have faith :D Just keep a very close eye on him. My only question is what are you keeping him in and how did a scorp of all things get out. A T can climb and escape that way, so I was just wondering.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Pipa

Pipa Arachnoknight

I would take that heat lamp off .... not a good idea IMO ..

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Staehilomyces

Staehilomyces Arachnoprince Active Member

Leave all that heating stuff for reptiles IMO. I wish you and your scorpion the best of luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. shining

shining Arachnodemon

Oh my.... Considering it didn't splatter or split open is a good sign.

8. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

Pest exterminators often spray at the base of walls, I don't know what kind of place you're staying in or how long you've been there, just something people might consider.

9. 42LegAPede

42LegAPede Arachnosquire

UPDATE: He is noticeably moving more of his body but still is not walking. I have been spraying the walls with water so he can drink if he needs to.

10. Staehilomyces

Staehilomyces Arachnoprince Active Member

I would send a get well card, but I can't seem to find any for scorpions...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. 42LegAPede

42LegAPede Arachnosquire

UPDATE: He is walking now! He can move his tail too! He doesn't walk a lot; he does it very slowly, but I predict he will make a recovery in about a week or less. I will not update this threat until he is either recovered or dead (Hopefully he's alive :))

• Like Like x 2
  12. darkness975

darkness975 dream reaper Arachnosupporter

Don't spray H. arizonensis. Leave a small water dish in there and it will drink if it wants to.

I hope he/she is okay.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.