Scorpion dead or molting?

libraliquor

Arachnopeon
So I came home and my room was a lot colder than usual and my scorpion was in his water dish. I went to see if she was okay and she was very stiff and I was absolutely sure she was dead. I cranked up the space heater in my room and the heating mat and I sprayed water one last time and I noticed her legs were still slightly moving? I assumed she’s about to molt so I’ve been spraying her a lot and Every time I spray her there’s some movement in her. I’m not sure if that’s cause she’s still alive or just joints moving when I spray the water. Please help ugh. Do scorpions still respond to stimuli even when they’re dead?

Attachments

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Looks like your AFS is dying. Same happened to me a few years back due to inexperience. Killed it because of too low temps for too long.
In my case the tail also pointed out straight in it's final few hours. This will be the first and last time you see your AFS with it's tail all straightened out like that.
A happy AFS has it's tail curled up.

libraliquor

Arachnopeon
Looks like your AFS is dying. Same happened to me a few years back due to inexperience. Killed it because of too low temps for too long.
In my case the tail also pointed out straight in it's final few hours. This will be the first and last time you see your AFS with it's tail all straightened out like that.
A happy AFS has it's tail curled up.
The odd thing is that he’s still alive but it seems like he can’t walk right or something. He’s in the same position as when I posted this but he’s definitely not dead. I feel like it’s old age cause the temperature has been around 80 the whole time I had him. And he can definitely curl his tail upward.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
That's remarkable and interresting. In my case it was dead the next day. Keep us posted please.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
The odd thing is that he’s still alive but it seems like he can’t walk right or something. He’s in the same position as when I posted this but he’s definitely not dead. I feel like it’s old age cause the temperature has been around 80 the whole time I had him. And he can definitely curl his tail upward.
My condolences. I am absolutely clueless with no explanation but that this scorpion was old. At 80F, it should be thriving. And it is very plump and definitely well fed by looking at its soft pleural membrane. :(

libraliquor

Arachnopeon
That's remarkable and interresting. In my case it was dead the next day. Keep us posted please.
His whole right size seems to not work right. He can definitely move all of his legs but they won’t work in unison and sometimes falls over on that side. Idk if that one day it got too cold it messed up his physiology permanently or what.

Attachments

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
What brand of moss is that? Outside of mosses packaged for pets, it could be naturally toxic or even treated with toxic addictives?

I have never seen that moss before that you are using btw.

libraliquor

Arachnopeon
What brand of moss is that? Outside of mosses packaged for pets, it could be naturally toxic or even treated with toxic addictives?

I have never seen that moss before that you are using btw.
I used the Galapagos tropical environment starter kit from petco. It said it’s free of any salts, chemicals, oils and parasites. It said safe for invertebrates so I assumed it’d be fine.

Attachments

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Well that rules that out, this weird paralysis-like symptoms led me to suspect potential toxic poisoning. It is probably old when wild caught.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
You don’t happen to live with anyone else by chance do you? Someone who doesn’t like him, or someone wanting to take him out to show him off to a friend and accidentally dropping him resulting in an injury that’s causing it to behave this way? Not saying that’s what’s going on here, just trying to help you rule out all possibilities. I have an AFS as well, so this has me intrigued.

libraliquor

Arachnopeon
You don’t happen to live with anyone else by chance do you? Someone who doesn’t like him, or someone wanting to take him out to show him off to a friend and accidentally dropping him resulting in an injury that’s causing it to behave this way? Not saying that’s what’s going on here, just trying to help you rule out all possibilities. I have an AFS as well, so this has me intrigued.
Sorry for late reply. No that wouldn’t make sense at all. I just live with my parents and my dad hates anything crawly and my mom wouldn’t do anything like that.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
The only reason I ask, because I read a thread on here years back about someone killing a centipede because they didn’t like it and were scared of it. People do odd things. Figured I’d ask.