Scorpion broken leg?

uscpsycho

Arachnopeon
I have an emperor scorpion that seems to have injured one of its back legs.

Not sure what happened but the leg seems stuck sticking straight out to the side, parallel to the floor. Starting with the second leg segment, the first leg segment appears to be normal. Photo below.

Seems to be moving around alright but spending more time than usual in its water dish.

Is this something to worry about or will it be OK? Has anyone seen something like this? I have no idea how it happened.

20191028_144254.jpg

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Looks broken to me. Hopefully someone can provide you with more useful information. From what I understand if its an adult it wont be able to regenerate the limb and may just lose it however I could be wrong.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I have an emperor scorpion that seems to have injured one of its back legs.

Not sure what happened but the leg seems stuck sticking straight out to the side, parallel to the floor. Starting with the second leg segment, the first leg segment appears to be normal. Photo below.

Seems to be moving around alright but spending more time than usual in its water dish.

Is this something to worry about or will it be OK? Has anyone seen something like this? I have no idea how it happened.

View attachment 324029
It looks like it may have been damaged beyond repair, eventually the Scorpion will drop the leg. Unlike tarantulas scorpions do not regrow their legs the same way so it will likely be a 7 legged Scorpion for the duration of its life but it should not affect Mobility at all.

The color of the Telson indicates that it is an adult.