Scorpion babies!

Whisper

Arachnopeon
I officially have one confirmed female Centruroides Gracilis, she had a batch of what I think are around 20-23 young. Hard to count as they are still on her back, but they are beginning to finally explore the area around her. Though as I turned the tank I seem to have scared some of them and they quickly climbed back on. I'm thinking tomorrow I'll see a bunch of young roaming. I see the general consensus is to separate them as soon as they leave their mother's back and place them in their own little deli cups. Does anyone have any additional advice for someone who's experiencing this for the first time?

Whisper

Arachnopeon
Thanks! I usually leave them alone except for weekly feedings but it's hard not to want to look at them.

Whisper

Arachnopeon
So, my babies seem to be in their second instar from some pictures I looked at. They're not those little chubby pale bodied things anymore, they look like actual scorpions and are surprisingly big. But they're still hanging out on Mom's back. Is this normal? I thought they were supposed to leave at this stage but it's been three days or so since their molt and they're still on her. I didn't want to harass the female too much but she'd been sitting in the same spot and I got a little scared. Shined a black light on her and she moved a little, so that put me at ease. Is there anything I should be worried about? Are they still eating off her back of they're sticking around or are they going hungry?

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Yeah, when they look like actual scorpions, they’re i2. They will stay with mom for another few days before leaving her.

Whisper

Arachnopeon
Okay, so there has finally been some changes in this tank. Some of the babies have been migrating off, and I've caught a couple. However, I'm worried about some developments with my female. There's this white stuff all over her where the babies were, and I can't tell what it is. Any insight to this would be very helpful. She seems okay otherwise, but I have been keeping the tank a little more humid for the young. PXL_20210918_030038512.jpg
Also, caught a couple of them hanging on the back of one of my bigger males. Thought it was kind of funny/cute. I fed them recently, so hopefully they should be okay 😬 didn't feel comfortable trying to remove them.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
The white stuff is the first molts from the scorplings. You can barely recognize it because their exoskeleton is so thin in i1.

Whisper

Arachnopeon
Thank you again for the answer. Sorry if I seem like such a worrier, but I really appreciate you answering my questions. Now I can sleep easier lol.