Scorpio maurus palmatus

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
can anyone tell me about these guys(venom,care?)

thanks i saw one on botar an just loved the coloration

p.s before i get the whole "research" speech i didn't buy it......yet

blueheat

Arachnopeon
Very briefly, these are lovely little scorpions, quite aggresive with their pincers, and like a terrarium fairly warm and not very humid. Unfortunately they are not the most long-lived captives though.

I've actually recently written an article on the captive-care of this species, and I'm currently in the process of sending it out to various publications.

Ophidio

Arachnopeon
this species was my first arachnid ever. mine lived for about 3 years in a dry warm terrarium, sand/soil substrate which it was always digging in and moving around. liked to stridulate a lot, i called it hissy. it did not shed the entire time i had it, and when it finally did it came out with badly twisted legs and deformed claws, it couldnt' do anything but squirm so i had to freeze it :(. so make sure they have a humid hide area, but i think the rest of the cage should be fairly warm and dry.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've heard several stories about S maurus having bad moults. makes me wonder if they don't require something like Mark newton does with his Aussie scorps.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
he has a thread explaining how he places his scorps that are premoult into a pill vial. apparently this gives them the appropriate humidity they need to moult successfully with out having to actually increase the humidity in the enclosure.