Scorp not moving??

VinceC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey all, my little second third instar asian forest scorpion has not moved for 3 days now. Its been in the same spot same position, and its usally quite active.

I kinda wana poke it to see if it moves but im worried that it might be resting for a molt, is this what they do befor a molt?

is this normal at all?

VinceC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the reply. Iv been just keeping a close eye on it and its now been 6 days since it moved. I hope its just ready to molt :(

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
gently prodding it would normally leads to movement, even if it is in premolt....so just try that first..No smell yet?

Ecstasy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
gently prodding it would normally leads to movement, even if it is in premolt....so just try that first..No smell yet?
Like Michiel said, just get something and gently touch the back of the tail and that should make it move.

VinceC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a very delicate paint brush that i use to touch my trantulas with befor i stick my hands in the tank.

I lightly rubbed its back and it did not move at all, so i decided to pick it up and it was definitely dead :( I dont understand he was fine the day befor he stopped moving and ate a cricket 2 days prior to that. His water dish always had fresh water in it and his humidity was kept perfect the way they like it. any ideas what could have went wrong because im baffled.... ??

Ecstasy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It happens sometimes and cannot really be predicted. I've have it happen to me once before. Sorry that you lost your little guy.