Scorp had babies! Unexpectedly.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Went in the room doing my nightly check and immediately noticed babies on her back. She was bought from pet smart as a Arian Forest.. who knows what sp. she actually is. When it comes to scorpions, not my realm of expertise.

Hopefully she'll let them live and I can separate them after their molt. They will only molt once correct before darkening and then will eat.

Looks like I'll have do some reading on there guys.

Attachments

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
I generally wait till they come off their mom's back before separating into individual cups. they will eat either pre killed prey or small pinheads if you have them. don't bother trying to feed the female cause she most likely wont eat and prey may only stress her out and cause her to chow on her kids. Grats on the babies :)

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
I generally wait till they come off their mom's back before separating into individual cups. they will eat either pre killed prey or small pinheads if you have them. don't bother trying to feed the female cause she most likely wont eat and prey may only stress her out and cause her to chow on her kids. Grats on the babies :)

Thanks, I'll leave her alone for the time being watching her discreetly until they are ready.

Pipa

Arachnoknight
Congrats on the babies ... they are a lot of fun !!!! Nice naturalistic enclosures as well .... let those plants grow ! :)

soldierof4cheese

Arachnoknight
Nice setup. I left my panidus empartor young with their mother until after their second molt, never had any issues with cannibalism.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
@soldierof4cheese

I noticed that the scorplings look like scorpions now. They are somewhat walking off momma, I believe they show evidence of molting. They have black eyes and are a dark fleshy color instead of white. They have more defined stinger and claws.

Possible they are ready for separation from momma now?

20170325_174156.jpg

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wait until they're no longer riding around on the mother.

You can separate them if you want, or you can keep them with the mother for a while. It's up to you.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wish I lived there, that looks pretty cool. Being human, I have to vacuum up the dirt instead of appreciating it, but if the scorpions get out here, I don't think they know the diff in my house haha, jk. H. petersii and laotics babies tend to be pretty big for being babies.