RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright

so, this is pretty sweet...
Thursday June 5th, at 5pm on DSC. Here's the summary:

"Tarantulas and Their Venomous Relations
60 min.
A study of spider species of different tarantulas includes a tarantula from Ecuador that is the only living example known to exist, making the spider the rarest animal in the world. Among other topics discussed, the venom of the tarantula venom will be looked at in detail."

should be cool!
---------
also, on APL (animal planet), Wednesday June 4th at 8pm is GIANT MONSTERS with Jeff Corwin. The summary is as follows:

"Huge prehistoric creatures return to life and stalk Jeff Corwin through swamps, across deserts and onto a golf course. Fortunately for the naturalist-adventurer, they're all computer-generated.
Corwin recreates a variety of beasts and compares them with modern creatures that share similar qualities. For instance, the towering T-Rex and its much smaller relative, the collared lizard, are both predators that can move bipedally (run on their hind legs). Corwin keeps the pace quick and lighthearted as he places the CGI monsters in present-day settings, and gets up-close and personal with their modern descendants, some of which, like the Goliath Bird Eating tarantula, could still rate as giant monsters."

I've seen that.. some nice shots of WC blondis...

but there you go for all you "T's on the boob" fans.

later
dave

Last edited:

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Mmmmm....T's & boobs, my fav! Thanks, Dave! I saw the Corwin program - the part discussing the venom for heart patients was interesting. I'm lookin forward to the Dsc show!!!!

Peace...D

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks man do you know if it comes on later that night too. most shows on dsc usually do. and how do you find these shows, I allways miss them

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
digital cable rules because i can set a reminder for the shows....

...however, i can only set the reminder for up to a week ahead of time.

on thursday, i will not be leaving my house, as i have to make sure i set my reminder timer for next thursday.

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Originally posted by krystal
digital cable rules because i can set a reminder for the shows....
...however, i can only set the reminder for up to a week ahead of time.
on thursday, i will not be leaving my house, as i have to make sure i set my reminder timer for next thursday.
Krystal-

Thanks for the reminder. Now I have a reason to use mine! I have Comcast and HUNDREDS of channels. Now I gotta figure out how to use it....

Dario

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
d-man—

pick up your remote control, press the guide button. press the blue button marked with a "b" (this is browse by date). now keep your tv like this until thursday, when you can browse ahead to june 5th. using the arrow keys, go to the discovery channel, browse to 5:00 (using the arrow key), press the select button, arrow up to "set a reminder time for "tarantulas and their venomous relations." the bar should be highlighted and a little clock should appear in the uppermost window of the brief description block thingie.

not at all complicated!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
glad to know im not the only one who wants to see Ts on the TV :)

and, you could just get TiVo :) My mom got it for me 2 years ago, and it sat in the box till last year... i don't even watch TV that much, buts its cool as all get out -- just set the reminder and it does it all for you!

can't wait to see this show! Should answer alot of questions about Ts (hopefully..)

peace
dave

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
Originally posted by jezzy607
Is that 5pm eastern time?
well, if you had digital cable, you could just pick up your remote control, press the guide button. press the blue button marked with a "b" (this is browse by date). now keep your tv like this until thursday, when you can browse ahead to june 5th. using the arrow keys, go to the discovery channel, browse to XX:00 (using the arrow key), press the select button, arrow up to "set a reminder time for "tarantulas and their venomous relations." the bar should be highlighted and a little clock should appear in the uppermost window of the brief description block thingie.

but you don't, so look it up in the t.v. guide, you bum! :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats 5pm, Minneapolis Time mama :)

try TVGUIDE.COM.. they'll be able to tell you more in your time zone

should be a cool show!!
hell, we could learn stuff even the "mighty T-dealers" and arachnologists don't even know ;P

later
dave

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Krystal-

You're such a little smart-ass....I love it :D ! My remote is different, I'll have to monkey around with it....I've got plenty of time. Hmm, right, I'll probably end up missing it!

Dario

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
well, if you had digital cable, then you could just pick up your....oh..um, forget it... :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
riiiight.

in reality, im sure at least ONE of us will tape it right?
oh come on, lemme be the lazy one next week ;P

peace
dave

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
*plugs in tv cable to back of computer*
*tells linux mandrake to record on may 29 03 , 5 to 9 pm (just in case)*

Uhm im set and digital cable was not needed ;P

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
*calls secret hacker friend to break into bob's computer and override his linus mandrake blah blah blah and instead tape "pet psychic"*

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That would be a funny attempt... :cool:
let me put it this way windows is a paper fortess
linux is a fortress with lazers and robots and stuff

I would of course offer the stuff for download on the internet if not for two small problems.
A. bandwith
B.I dont feel like getting arrested for DCMA

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
*sends hot girl to krystals secret hackers house to muck up the plans* (and if its a girl hacker, i know just the guy:) Or i can still send the girl if she's into that)

pet psychic sucks. I wander what shed say if we brought her like 15 of our blondis and P.irminia's?
"um, oooooo, 'no more crickets' they say.... 'stir fry organic tofu with beeeeeeaaaaan sprouts' they say"

nah, i highly doubt that ;P

And I guess i can tape it... i can't make copies for people though.. you know, that "i only have 1 vcr".. i could send it out maybe... Its cool theyre doing a show on this!!

pce
dave

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
oh, i'll tape it for you, rbdave, assuming you send the hot girl (or hot guy) to my house instead...

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice :)

but can you really tape it? that would be cool... it should be a pretty cool show! I've never seen a show devoted JUST on this topic.. i wonder what their VENOMOUS RELATIONS will turn out to be..

and i'm pretty stoked to see this south american Tarantula!!!!!

i def. dont want your sig. other on my butt, so i'll just send some pics instead :)... (oh yes, the ones that cant be posted) ;)

peace
dave