Scolpendra Heros

TooManyCooks

Arachnopeon
d'aww, i love their little head bob when eating. I have a dehaani that refuses raw meat like this, but loves the marrow inside chicken bones.

Grinxh

Arachnopeon
I'll have to try that with my scolopendra metuenda it won't eat anything so far.

Ripa

Arachnobaron
I'll have to try that with my scolopendra metuenda it won't eat anything so far.
How long have you had yours? S. metuenda is very shy, reclusive in my experience. I’ve had mine for almost 2 months. It only comes out to eat the crickets left out late in the night. I know it’s eating because the crickets vanish and what’s left are usually hind legs. Also caught it eating one in its burrow.

Grinxh

Arachnopeon
How long have you had yours? S. metuenda is very shy, reclusive in my experience. I’ve had mine for almost 2 months. It only comes out to eat the crickets left out late in the night. I know it’s eating because the crickets vanish and what’s left are usually hind legs. Also caught it eating one in its burrow.
My S. Heros I've had around a year. The S. Metunda only a month. I'll try some live stuff this weekend again. My S Heros won't eat anything live lol its a timid pede around 6 inches.

TooManyCooks

Arachnopeon
I usually whack the thickest part of the bone with something like an old meat tenderizer, that usually splinters it up pretty nicely. Microwaving the shards also brings out a scent that never fails to lure my pede out.

Grinxh

Arachnopeon
I usually whack the thickest part of the bone with something like an old meat tenderizer, that usually splinters it up pretty nicely. Microwaving the shards also brings out a scent that never fails to lure my pede out.
Ty for this I'm gonna try it tonight