Scolopendra viridis max size?

hecklad

Arachnosquire
I'm back with another size question. I've seen a lot of people say they only get to 3 inches but then I have seen some say they can reach 4 or 5 inches. I'm interested in getting one as they're quite pretty but I don't really want to pay what is being charged if they stay miniscule.

NYAN

Arachnoking
3 inches is the about maximum. I’ve never seen 4-5 inch ones. My female laid eggs at 2.5 inches.

hecklad

Arachnosquire
3 inches is the about maximum. I’ve never seen 4-5 inch ones. My female laid eggs at 2.5 inches.
Do they get thick at all? Like more so than say H marginata or about the same?

NYAN

Arachnoking
Dang. So what are your thoughts on getting one, is it worth it?
It’s up to you. I find them a lot when I go to expos or turning rocks over in NM. I wouldn’t pay shipping for just them unless you’re getting something already.

hecklad

Arachnosquire
It’s up to you. I find them a lot when I go to expos or turning rocks over in NM. I wouldn’t pay shipping for just them unless you’re getting something already.
I'll probably just wait until the next time I can go to Florida and look around. Have you tried keeping them communally at all?

Draco888855

Arachnopeon
What part of NM you in? I'm in los lunas