• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Scolopendra Subspinipes Mutilans

aenigmatica8

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

Just wanted to report my recent bite(s) by a Scolopendra subspinipes multilans subadult. I know others have had short lived pain following a bite, but ohhh no. Not this one.

Time: 0 min
Centipede takes four or five chomps at the soft areas of my hand. The bites do not hurt much at all, just a few needles into the skin.

Time: 5-30 min
Pale weals are developing around the bites and the area is becoming red. The pain is developing slowly.

Time: 30-60 min
Pain and swelling continues to develop.

Time: 1-3 hrs
Pain is excruciating. Feels like hot awls being stabbed into my hand. Truly the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. Pain has small and large fluctuations. Heart arrhythmia and muscle spasms. At this point I am just writhing in pain and crying/screaming. Any movement intensifies the agonizing pain. I take two 200 mg Ibuprofens and one Tramadol.

Time: 3-4 hrs
The painkillers and exhaustion along with a cool compress are maintaining my composure but the pain is still nearly unbearable.

Time: 4 hours and beyond
After sleeping for a good 7 hours, I wake up with only a dull ache in my hand. I go to my local walk-in clinic and get a tetanus shot to prevent further complications and necrosis. The doctor offers an antibiotic but I decide against it. The swelling slowly comes down and although I can still see the entry points, the pain disappears. Everything is back to normal.

I would also like to add that these bites occurred while I had the centipede on my hand, without provocation. I think it just decided that it didn't like sitting on a soft moving hand and chose to bite repeatedly. Therefore I want to warn everyone, these things are unpredictable and aggressive. Better seen from a distance.

Last edited by a moderator: